Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a company car (2001 Ford Taurus) which I can not work on so it was in Pepboys for pulsating brakes and pulling left while driving.

they replaced the front pads and rotors, changed the oil and filter and aligned the car.

I found the alignment report in the car when I picked it up. While driving it home i still feel it is pulling to the left and the brakes still pulsate.

Can someone here tell me if this alignment report looks correct? I dont think so, but who am I..

alignment report

left front
min spec max before after
caster 2.8 4.8 9.1 9.1
camber -1.1 0.1 -0.7 -0.7
toe -0.10" 0.00" -0.05" -0.05"

right front
caster 2.8 4.8 9.4 9.4
camber -1.1 0.1 -0.6 -0.7
toe -0.10" 0.00" -0.05" -0.00"

left rear
camber -1.7 -0.3 -2.0 -2.0
toe 0.05" 0.15" 0.10" 0.10"

right rear
camber -1.7 -0.3 -1.3 -1.3
toe 0.05" 0.15" 0.10" 0.05"

alignment values
front rear
total toe -0.10" 0.15"
thrust angle 0.0
camber difference 0.0 -0.7
caster difference -0.3

my analysis of the report tells me that the caster angle should be within the min and max number, which it is not for either side. the left rear camber is also out of range.

looking at this report, I can only conclude that the car is not aligned to spec.

am i reading something wrong??

please help

Thanks,

Pat

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Damn can you even turn the wheels on that car without it wanting to jerk you off the road? That caster is way excessive, but I don't think they are adjustable on a Taurus. I remember while working for Firestone telling some customers that thier Taurus was so far out that they need to have an alignment shop straighten it out. I can also tell you he didn't do an alignment. Its possible to tweak numbers by pushing on a tire or head and pressing print. For some reason the toe on both right tires changed for some reason, but they were within spec before hand. I would try and have the caster fixed first . With Caster that excessive the steering is more sensitive to tread wear and tire pressure difference. Now that i'm typing this i believe i remember that some rivets could be drilled out on the upper strut mount and the the caster could be adjusted. Firestone would never do this because a clunking noise would be a complaint from people then on. If fixing the caster don't fix any thing then the tires need to be swapped to the rear or replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.