Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a new air filter element and was wondering if there is a difference between a k and n one and an accel kool blue??? i can get the kool blue one for 10 dollars cheaper and it is 4 inches high while the k and n is only 3.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
For the difference you would have to see a dyno test on them, and 1 was done i just can't remember off hand what happened with the filters since i was more interested in the air filter housing assemblies performance

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is a 14 by 3 filter good enough or would it be better to go with a 14 by 4???

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
14 by 3 is good, stock motor right? 14 by 4 is good too, personally i like 12 by or 10 by

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i got some new parts that i am going to be installing and was wondering which one to go with. i have a 50mm throttle body, m1 intake manifold, and 1.7 roller rockers waiting to be installed. i already have a 14 by 3 open element air filter, but i could get a 4 inch filter for like 20 dollars if it will make a difference over the 3 inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.