Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't worry, I'm not seeking electrical advice or anything.

I would just like to know if any of you are using aftermarket radios in your 74-79 Ramcharger/Traildusters. If so, how have you overcome the fact that aftermarket radios are shorter than the original? Where did you find your adapter plate?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i swiped one out of a 78 that had an aftermarket radio for my trail duster. you can get the adapter kits about anywhere,i think even wal mart sells them,i know i bought one for my el camino there,and they had many different kinds.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
DUDE!!!! CALL ME I HAVE AN EXTRA!!!!!!!!! plus i will install it for nothin! let me know!

oh and BTW you do remember i have a KENWOOD CD player in my PW! same dash!!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
AFAIK, Chrysler radios haven't changed at all (as far as mounting) in 25 years. They all have 2 ears, one at the top of the right side, and one at the left of the bottom, with a locator pin on each, and secured with hex head lag screws. Just go to any autosound place and ask for a Chrysler dash plate. More than likely it'll have a bunch of extra mounting ears, some of which you can actually use to mount it more securely. Just figure out which extra ones you can use and break off the rest. I have mine just supported by the plate, and it's sturdy as a mofo. The back hanger is actually a good idea too, if you can anchor it to a good spot, because it'll keep someone from just sticking release keys in and yanking the stereo. If there's no solid spots though, don't bother. It's not necessary.

Matt {peace}

1 - 7 of 7 Posts