Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought an aftermarket oil pan for their truck 360? What brand, how much, how is it treating you? I'm going to have my pan off to replace the pump and whatnot, and so i figured i might as well see...

Also, I've been through my pan a few times and I've never seen a windage tray. Anyone got one on their truck? Does it make a difference?

derek

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Can't help you BurnOut - but I will second your question, I've been wondering the same things, especially the windage tray part.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i have the milodon 4x4 deep pan, and i love it, it fits perfect...it seals awesome and holds 8 quarts. It has built in baffles to keep the oil from sloshing around and uncovering the pickup at the angles....i think it was like $205 for the pan, and $45 for the pickup. The only problem with it is that it makes a few of the tranny dust cover bolts a pain to get to. It looks awesome too ;D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
also, no clearance issues

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I asked about the windage tray on this site 2 yrs ago as part of a 360 buildup in my RC. The general response was that it won't make any seat of the pants diff in a low-rev truck engine. Prolly the same would go for a lifter valley baffle, etc.
Mike

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
i fell personally it is hard to justify the $80 cost for a valley pan in a truck

eric

·
Registered
104 Posts
i agree with the above. In a low rev motor the windage tray is pretty much a waste of money 2 me, even if you do get the motor to rev high enough for windage to become a problem you are not going to keep it up there long enough to matter.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
I just put in a stock MOPAR perf replacement pan on my 318. It was approx 80 bucks from Summitt. I went with the stock factory because I KNEW it would fit. I was in a time crunch and could not afford to have the wrong pan sent or have to "clearance" it or mod it in any way. Stock 6 quarts, but you could up the total oil system volume by using a remote oil filter kit with a larger filter you could easily hit 7+quarts total system quantity.

Cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Kind of what I thought about the windage tray - Thanks All

1 - 9 of 9 Posts