Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
i have had one of the holly 2bbl fi installed on a 440 eng for several years. vast improvement over the 850 thermoquad that was orig on the engine. i did install the closed loop kit on mine and i recomend it also. i think yu would be happy with it. has been problem free the whole time. $1k does seem a bit steep tho look on e-bay. sometimes yu can get a complete new kit for a lot less $$$. good luck -- the sheriff

·
3,753 Posts
The link you posted is for the older computer, I think you'd get better performance from a kit with the newer Comander 950 computer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been looking at the kit myself (jegs has is for $800 btw), but I've been hearing alot of bad about it. a lot of casting flash left over on the tbi unit, one piece in the throttle bores prevented it from opening more than halfway. also heared alot of bad about the 4bbl versions, but the guy that I was hearing this from wasn't exactly an automotive genious.

·
3,753 Posts
Mine is a 4 barrel unit with the Comander computer and the only problem I've had was the original pump starting making noise after 18 months, that pump has since been updated and replaced by Holley.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
For the money, why not look into a Magnum swap??

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ramtuff said:
Well, I just rebuilt the LA about 12,000 miles ago, and as I am restoring this truck in memory of my Dad, I want to keep it as stock appearing as possible. Thanks for the heads up on Jegs, it's less than $800.00. I might do this next month, I'll let you all know how it turns out!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I installed the Holley Projection 670 cfm on my 77 PW w/318-4 spd. It runs great and it's worth the money in my opinion. If you decide to do this pay close attention to the instructions and don't cut corners. It seems that several of the people that didn't like this system didn't take the time to properly install it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ramtuff said:
Only problem there is having to figure out all the electronics and integrating them into an older truck. Unless someone used a megasquirt...
At least with the holley its all one neat, stand-alone package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.