Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
The filter element is 9" long. The intake diameter is stock size, whatever that is. I didn't take it off to measure it.

G

·
Sam are you talking about a complete intake setup or just a filter replacement, I have a dimensions catalog at work so I can check on it for ya! I am actually working on the guys at AFE still, got shot down the first time but I wont take no for an answer!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Did anyone ever find out the dimesions for it? I have a 91 and i heard the 94-02 filter will work, but I dont want to buy the whole set up.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure there is a best. Anything other then stock is better. Some setups come with new intake tubes that are smooth (not like an acordian like the stock one) and some come with heat shields or boxes. All I did was get mrpeal to take a piece of 4" diameter exhaust tubing, flare one end a little bit wider (the opening on the stock tube is just over 4" and mounted my K&N (RD-1460) and the tube to that piece of exhaust tubing. I am not running a heatshield or box currently, although I may end up building one. Cost me a total of 46.90 something for the filter, that was it. I will try to get a pic of it soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I have been looking at most of the aftermarket intakes. I plan on picking up a filter and building my own "Stage 2 box" :) You can get a pretty large sheet of aluminum for around $8.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the pix. I will have to do something soon. I think this weekend im going to ditch the muffler for a section of streight pipe as well. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts