Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced the original mirrors with the chevy style mirrors since i had them off an 89 250 i used for parts, but I realized after the fact that one of them really isn't in such great condition.  When i was looking for replacements, there are a few powered options that I could use that wouldn't be too much more expensive and would honestly be a great convenience factor for when my wife or someone else drives the RC and has to get out and manually adjust the mirrors.

My 86 has power windows and locks but i don't believe power mirrors were an option, so i don't see the wiring for it in the door.  Unfortunately, the 89 had manual windows and doors and I don't see any wiring for the power options there.  So I need wiring for both sides and also the power mirror switch/control.  What mopar vehicles will have either of these?  I read someone's post that they used the wiring from a truck but a control from a plymouth car.  I'm mostly curious on model year ranges so I can search through junkyards or part outs and get what I need.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
l,ve never mounted a set on a non-electric truck but l,ve pulled and sold dozens of pairs , as far as the wiring diagrams go just email me [ its below ] and include all info

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
my '93 w150 has power mirrors .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's safe to assume that 88-93 would have exactly what i need if they had power mirrors, but there just aren't a lot of those out here.  I've read that some of the 94+ ram mirrors have the same head/stalk and just different bases, so I'm curious whether their wiring/connections is the same as the 88-93.  Additionally, maybe the mirrors are different on dakotas or other mopar vehicles, but if the wiring was the same that would be what i need since I'm buying new mirrors elsewhere.

G

·
  I fitted late 1990s / early 2000 motorized mirrors from a Toyota 4 Runner to my 85 RC.. I chose them because they blended well with the overall shape of the RC. I never bothered to hook up the motors. I made a template from cardboard to fit it to the door post to see what metal I had to work with as well as placement of the mounting screw from the inside. The mirrors needed to have a base fabricated, to extend outward. I used a high quality fiberfill a quart can from the a local auto body supply. I will post the current brand. Get it from body shop supply, skip the retail stuff.  I coated the mirror support in plastic or tape to protect from any fiberfill getting on them. They've been on now over ten years, no cracking of the fiberglass etc...Though the paint clear coat is peeling off...this is what you get from the FL sun... It nukes paint...I will post some pics....But the backfilled fiberglass fill has held up extremely well.. The truck was painted Hunters Green Chrysler..about 20 years back and has taken a bad beating from the sun.. 
Those images of the mirrors were taken moments ago..      EDDIEK

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sent you an email dodgeboys. Had to figure out what truck I was getting the switches and mirrors from first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.