Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one thoguht of this? if you look through the member list there are a lot of members that do not have a single post or only posted long ago. has any one thoguht of emailing these people inviting them back to the site (just incase they forgot) or telling them how to remove there profile if they no longer wish to be a member or have multiple login names?
i did this a while back and noticed all at once the amount of members online increased by quite a bit. seems that several just forgot about the site. and a few had problmes getting in and had given up (but i worked with em and they came back). it would give us a lot more accurate count if we had "active members" instead of all these inactives.

we have so many members singed up and yet not that many that show up on the borads. plus all these guests. where are they from? why?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Joe,
That's not a ad idea. And it's something that could be broken down. Say each chapter leader could e-mail the members from his/her state.

Now let's see what our supreme ruler has to say.
;D

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Yeah, TOUGH job for us big empty states, what with all seven or eight of us here in New Mexico, ;D

And I've adopted the one El Paso active we have... 8)

The one other El Pasoan never answered my IM/email, so he may have moved, or sold his truck, or is just plain antisocial... :\'(

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Just to let you know i have done that atleast once the problem i found is that i got a whole lot of returned e-mails saying "no such address" or i got "no reply at all" (phil collins lol) and the thing i hate the most is hidden e-mail because i know there is now way of contacting them, but a few had there same s/n as there address and i got 1 of them to answer me, if you would like to do it also make sure in the heading you put "RCC.com member looking for you" or "RamChargerCentral.com looking for you" those seemed to get me some replys, but most of them were like i sold my RC or it's not running now the im's i sent out i haven't seen much progress with except for 2 or 3 members i wish we could get access to hidden e-mails (looks to the hidden e-mail fairy with a desperate look)

·
5,138 Posts
I will take care of the Virginia memebers, as long as you guys let me know what to say? Just pretty much, invite them back to the site, or tell them that if they no longer want to be a member, they need to remove their profile right?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Re-read my above post as for the heading and ask them something simple inside like this , Hello fellow RCC brother/sister recently RCC has undergone some major changes, some of them involving but not limited to, new boards a new profile set up and the best new upgrade is a entire new board just set up for Area Chapters, please come by and check it out if you liked RCC before you will surely Love it now
Thankyou (whoever is gonna also do this)
p.s. here is a link
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=129

this is how i did it but i got into more detail about AC boards

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Don't worry i didn't use that link it is just an example. Also then you can follow it up a week later, i like a week later because i think most people check there e-mail at least every 3 to 4 days and if you send them back to back there both liable to get deleted in 1 shot

·
5,138 Posts
And you want this email sent out to members who are inactive right?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
My term inactive was anyone not signed up for Area Chapters or anyname not in a post i the last couple of months now there are some active members that haven't signed in to that either, but be ready for the ridiculous answers as can be seen in some of the posts in open disc , and even tech, and vehicle help boards, some people don't understand the difference between "notifying" and "bringing your attention to" and "spam"

·
5,138 Posts
Took care of the Va members, Here is what I sent them.
Hello Fellow RCC.com member. Just noticed it has been a while since you visited the site. I would like to invite you to come back and give it another try. We have updated the site with new boards as well as other features.

If you are still interested in our site, then this next paragraph will not pertain to you.
If you are no longer interested in the site we would like to ask you to delete your user name which may be accomplished by going into your profile and clicking on delete user.

Here is a link to the site just to make it that much easier on you to return to the wonderful world that is RCC.com

www.ramchargercentral.com

Thanks,
Trailduster79

What do you think Evil? Was that ok?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I try to sell them to come back even a little extra help like bbq's and 4x4 trail events in your local area and the 2nd Ram Jam, bikini judging* you know things that might captivate there interest alittle more, also truck shows.
Now if you use the bikini thing make sure you do this at the bottom "*will be solely for material and design" that doesn't mean someone will be wearing it

·
5,138 Posts
ok, I will wait a week and do it again.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Don't get discouraged it's not gonna be a big hit, sometimes you get 1 back a day sometimes 3 to 5 sometimes 0 (most days go like the last) i recommend a list of screen names so you can follow who did and didn't answer you and who came back, then you get the few that humor you and come back and bang there gone again

·
5,138 Posts
That sounds like a good idea. I think there were only like 3-4 that I sent emails to, and one had hidden email so I sent him an im. I will keep a list and givie it another shot next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts