Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having condensate from the box under the dash. Someone probably abused it with their foot, and fixed it with ..... yes duct tape. If I park uphill after a nice ride with the AC the condensate will leak thru the tape into the floorboard...

now aside from the obvious (don't use the AC, park down hill, use more duct tape and such) what are the chances of finding a replacement box for my truck. (93 Power Ram).

Access to Junk/salvage yards here are about nill (almost have to marry into the family)

·
7,995 Posts
I sent you 2 emails with parts diagrams. Try www.car-part.com or www.junkyarddog.com for used parts or try www.galeanasc.com in Columbia, SC for a new one. They do give internet discounts on new parts if they are still available. Check to make sure your drain hose that goes through the firewall is unclogged and intact.:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, it is the #1 part, and yes unclogged...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Depending on how badly/where it's damaged, how about repairing it with sheet metal and RTV? Check out THIS HOW-TO, because it shows how to make and re-seal a cleanout hole.

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drain is fine, its the actual cabinet that is busted. I am thinking of trying a little JB Weld to seal the case...see how that goes.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
treefrog said:
The drain is fine, its the actual cabinet that is busted. I am thinking of trying a little JB Weld to seal the case...see how that goes.
What I meant by cleanout wasn't the drain hole.. I was saying this guy cut out a hole in the front to clean out the leaves and crap, then resealed it with sheet metal and RTV. I thought maybe if it was in a place that's not too much of a pain to get to, you could do the same thing. RTV would probably work better than JB, since it's flexible, and it wouldn't break loose of the plastic under stress.

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm good idea a little give and take.... and we all know (probably how it happened) it will get kicked a bit...

I like what he did ... mine is busted down the face and under the bottom... still be able to pull something off..

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
treefrog, one other thing yu might think about. plastic fuel tank repair kit (found at parts stores) and rv plastic tank repair kit (found at rv dealer parts) i have used the rv stuff on black/gray water tanks on my rv. it worked well. good luck --sheriff--

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that is what I would like to do, but salvage yards are like fort knox around here. No one wants to tell you what they have, and will not let you in...go figure. I have had to get people in other states to get stuff for me and mail it to me. Sux, but it's their playground.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that the guy that made that alteration might have saved a step (not sure) by 1 making the plate larger that the hole he cut, 2 running a silicone bead on the plate inside of the screws, but outside of the edge of the hole, 3 screw the plate with the silicone "gasket" onto the box. I think he might have been able to cut the "flap" out and left it out all together. or double seal it his way + mine... (Vapors, yes. I would test for air leaks after drying time, so I would think if your gonna have a problem you would know at that time for sure)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.