Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine the difference in blower wheels.

I found out that from 81 to 85 and 86 to 93 the blower motors were the same. I was also told the blower wheels were DIFFERENT.

I would appreciate someone looking up the part numbers if they have the books.

I believe the newer wheels move more air. If that is true I will take a trip to the salvage yard.

·
7,995 Posts
NAPA www.napaonline.com lists the same blower wheel from 74-93 for trucks with factory A/C. The wheels for trucks with just heaters will be different than their A/C brothers.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chump said:
NAPA www.napaonline.com lists the same blower wheel from 74-93 for trucks with factory A/C. The wheels for trucks with just heaters will be different than their A/C brothers.
[/q

The motors are the same. It is the blower wheels that are different. I spoke with a man named Dennis at Ready Air (817 633-6622). He worked as a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership in the 80s and 90s. He is aware of the low volume/speed of air they put out. Ready Air has a listing for the motors only that cover 1981 through 1993 which use the same motor. The motors WITH blower wheels are listed as follows:
81-85 # 5530 and 86-93 #5332. There was a redesign of the blower wheels.

My plan now is to shop the salvage yards and compare the wheels. I would like someone to look up the WHEEL part numbers in a Chrysler parts book.
Ready Air blower motors cost twice as much as the "cheapies". This might explain why the pig-tails of my "cheapie" motor get very warm when run directly from the battery - high speed, not through the resistors - with good solid connections.

·
7,995 Posts
Why not save some time and contact ReadyAire Tech Support. I'll see what I can do on the part numbers but that will be inconclusive as the numbers may have changed 60 times over the years and the part may be the same size.
http://www.transpro.com/readyaire/pages/producthome.htm

Blower Wheel Part Number from Chrysler is....
# 3503037 used 82-93

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the man at Ready Air I spoke with is a tech. He just happens to have worked at a Chrysler dealership previously

·
7,995 Posts
georgeda said:
I believe the man at Ready Air I spoke with is a tech. He just happens to have worked at a Chrysler dealership previously
Well if he is with ReadyAire have him pull the prints or in depth descriptions and tell you what the difference is. Their Engineering Department would'nt specify 2 different part numbers for the same part unless they had too much beer. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts