Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide what AC compressor to run on my project HEAVY HAULER. For those of you keeping up it is a 1973 crew cab. It had AC originally, but the compressor was not there when I got it. Should I use a rotary style, RV2, or york compressor for the AC system? Which would would be the best compared to cycling the freon and such? I can make my own brackets, so that is no big deal.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
matt, use a universal sanden ac compressor, if your gonna make your own hoses and brackets the sanden is great for ac and is cheap, they are pretty easy to make up brackets for and are small as well and will out perform the rv2 hands down at 90 ambient temps.

jamie

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was figuring, but I thought what the hell I would ask anyway. The sanden compressor is what is used from 81-93 in dodge right?

·
7,995 Posts
Stay away from the RV2 if you can make the brackets. Both Sanden and a Chrysler/Nipondenso C171 were used during the post RV2 days.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Take a look at what these guys offer. I have their kit for my '87 RC 318 (w/fact air) very complete and nice instructions. The whole kit goes on this week. (I may be "too sick for work" on Wednesday!). My only wish would be that the bracketry be aluminum.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/Default.asp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts