Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Would you buy a new ramcherger if they made one?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw one of the Mexican Ramchargers on Craigslist and i kinda wanted it.....so i was wondering if they made a new one would you guys want one or would you stick with the good ole' fashion ramchargers?

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, Dodge quit making real Ramchargers after 1980.  ;D

·
Registered
52,714 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
As far as I'm concerned, Dodge quit making real Ramchargers after 1980. ;D
While I think this way "kinda" I would have to see it. If it had IFS I would pass.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Nah, after 1993.  But they also quit making real trucks in general.  I'd hate to see how bad they would screw up a new Ramcharger.  It would probably have a nice engine and transmission but would end up with IFS and be about 4" off the ground.  I say let legends be legends and stop trying to profit off the past by regurgitating old nameplates to put on new junk that can't last as long as the originals.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it depends how it looks in my opinion,cause the 2000 looked ok and probably have worked fine and would have been neat to have, but i like my old 89.and i agree, they would probly screw it up and scar the fond memories we all have of the title.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
If you're looking for a 'new' Ramcharger, they already have it - it's got 4 doors and is called the Durango.  The minivan on steroids.  Unfortunately, that's probably about as good as it will get.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
They used to make good trucks? WTF was I?
No, they used to make BETTER trucks, lol.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Elwenil said:
No, they used to make BETTER different trucks, lol.
Fixed it for you. Definitely were not better, just different problems. We discuss this once a week it seems. :D

Own them both, both are piles of engineering flaws. Many of which are the same flaws, some of which are unique. Flaws none the less.

·
Registered
52,714 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
Fixed it for you. Definitely were not better, just different problems. We discuss this once a week it seems. :D

Own them both, both are piles of engineering flaws. Many of which are the same flaws, some of which are unique. Flaws none the less.
Flaws there are not stinking flaws...... :p

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Eh, it's a matter of opinion.  They never built the best truck possible, but lukily we can.  But no matter what, the basis for any "ultimate truck" in my opinion, will always be a '72-'93 model truck.  None of them were perfect.  Full time front axles, automatic hubs, CAD front axles, etc were not some of the best ideas.  Odd that the front axle seems to be the worst part, lol, but I think the older trucks are a better design for what I consider a real truck and not this overly comfortable 4WD minivan style they have now.  Again, it's all opinions but if we didn't like the older trucks I doubt we would be here on a forum that specializes in them.  I'm sure opinions will vary over at Dodge Truck World or some other place that caters to the more sissified versions of Dodge trucks, lol.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I always thought Dodge could build a Indestructible Truck if they had my Uncle test the vehicles.

The Average lifespan of any truck that he owns is about 1 - 4 months before the frame is snapped in half, the body is crushed in, the engine is knocking and the transmission is shot  :eek:

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I voted no only because I doubt I will ever be able to afford to buy a new vehicle.  I can't afford most used ones! :eek:

G

·
If hell had frozen over and a market for 2 door suv's suddenly appeared from thin air and "Ram Trucks" made a ramcharger, and i just happened to have an extra $60k laying around, maybe. But it will never happen so i voted no.

·
Registered
52,714 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
Glaring engineer mistakes and bad business deals with General Motors?

Is that better?
;)

One thing that would need to be changed is the front part of the frame near the shock tower. they bend really easy! :-\

1 - 20 of 38 Posts