Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I can get just about anything stuck
I forgot just how hard it is to fish 300lbs of bike out of a hole.

I couldn't quite clear the frame

Pic of the trail

More of the same trail

View from the top

I am having just as much fun on this bike as I had with the Ram Charger.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
looks like you need a lift on that bike greg.  ;D

i guess days like that make dealing with the winters there worth it. nice pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blueduster said:
looks like you need a lift on that bike greg. ;D

i guess days like that make dealing with the winters there worth it. nice pics.
Truth be known that if I was actually riding the bike and just trying to stay on it I might not have gotten stuck. :D

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
at least nothing broke. ;)
gmule said:
Truth be known that if I was actually riding the bike and just trying to stay on it I might not have gotten stuck. :D

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Been there done that but with an ATV.

I swamped one in coal dust mud once. Try getting that out by yourself. It took 3 of us and lots of rocks.

Very nice pic Greg that is beautiful country out there.  {cool}

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
ya but does yer bike have a pink skid plate on it?? ;) ;D

Looks like a lot of fun there Greg {cool}...and I bet it's a lot less expensive than the RC was too ja?

·
7,250 Posts
Getting to see country like that is why I live in the Rocky Mountain west. The hills back east (yes, I said it, hills :p ) just can't compare. Not for me anyway.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mad Max said:
ya but does yer bike have a pink skid plate on it?? ;) ;D

Looks like a lot of fun there Greg {cool}...and I bet it's a lot less expensive than the RC was too ja?
Everything about the bike is much cheaper. tow rig, fuel, parts breakage, Tires, you name it.
I used to ride MX when I was a youngster and I am really enjoying it again as an old guy. The jumps may not be as high as they used to be though. The important things is to get out and enjoy our awesome public lands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We also came across this unfortunate accident scene that claimed the life of a 23 year old.

The driver was not wearing his seat belts and was ejected. The truck rolled over him and crushed him.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
gmule said:
We also came across this unfortunate accident scene that claimed the life of a 23 year old.

The driver was not wearing his seat belts and was ejected. The truck rolled over him and crushed him.
:'( It looks like an RC. Anyone we know? ???

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is it? It looks kinda like a K-5 to me. I don't see the lower ridge running along the side of the body like an RC has. plus the taillights.... ??? Bummer either way.  :'( Always wear seatbelts, especially off roading.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
gmule said:
It is a K-5. My brother knew the kid he worked with him.
:'(

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
that sucks. you just can't take anything for granted. that's why i haven't taken the top off on mine yet, no cage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blueduster said:
that sucks. you just can't take anything for granted. that's why i haven't taken the top off on mine yet, no cage.
That is what is also bad about this. THe K-5 had a cage and it looked like it held up during the roll.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Sucks about the kid getting killed. Especially when it was something as stupid as not wearing his seatbelt. Even if that K-5 didn't have an aftermarket cage in it, the K-5's came with an integral factory bar inside the top half on the front and you could add the roll bar in the back like I had with my K-5. Both are stout enough to support the weight of the truck. I found that out the hard way in my K-5.

Nice bike riding pics Greg. Glad to see no animals were hurt during the filming of the ride. ;D ;D

Eric

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
IntenseImages said:
Glad to see no animals were hurt during the filming of the ride. ;D ;D

Eric
LMBO! {gloating}

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
gmule said: