Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems i wasn't using my brain when rebuilding my engine and i unhooked my condenser from the A/C system now im not sure on how to get my ac to work again i havent tried to run it at all but do i have to replace anything or hook up a vacuum pump and add refrigerant

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
That's better, R134 is available. Yes the usual procedure is to pull a vacuum then recharge the system.

Bucky

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Not sure if 84 is different than 87 or 88 but R12 was 44 oz of refrigerant so r-134 is 34 Oz  thats for 88-93 and 7 oz of oil pag sp20 possibility  which is the same as pag 100  but you dont know how much oil is really in there. It needs to be recovered  several times. See how much oil comes out

·
Registered
845 Posts
I figured I needed 36 oz when I recharged mine, it started cooling fairly well at 24 oz so I stopped there. It's nice and cool inside and the compressor isn't short-cycling so I'll leave it for now.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Your gonna need some new gaskets, and or o-rings for whatever you unhooked.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
And if you had the system  and lines open and exposed  to the atmosphere.  A new receiver/ dryer also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.