Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how much oil is to be added to a dry system(93 W150 5.9l)I cant remember if it was a R12 system or 134 but it is going to be 134. Autozone said it took 44oz. of refridgerant but couldn't tell me how much oil.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am pretty sure it takes 7-7.5 ounces of oil. I f you are converting to 134 you can buy the small can of oil and refrigerant mixed it has the correct amount already mixed in the can just shoot that in first and go on with you fill of 134

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
what he said above / get the stuff with the oil and leak stop in it

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at that stuff and it has (in a 12oz. can) 11oz. of 134 and 1oz. of oil the system holds 44oz so that will only give me 4oz. give or take. The reason I was asking is just for that reason the guy at autozone said usually it will be around 8oz. on a retrofit and a vacuumed system. He said he was pretty sure on 8 but he couldn't find anything to back it up and I want this to be done right.

Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oreillys sells the oil fill can. It will be the exact amount of oil you need for your system. I just bought two the other day here is the info off of the can so you can cross reference it with you local auto parts store. The company that makes this type is interdynamics it is called R-134a 8.5oz Ester oil charge. with O-ring seal. I was mistaken on the oil charge If you go by the factory specs in the manual it says it takes 7-7.5oz of oil but when you do the retro on the system the oil provided for R134a is not as good as the oil used with R-12 so the system requires 1-1.5oz more oil. I done the conversion from my refrigeration book and this is correct for our applications. The model number on the can I bought is Model #EEO-6

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok  well I bought some oil I'll have to look at it when I get home to see which one it is the guy at autozone picked it out and handed it to me so I'm not sure what it is.

thanks, Brad

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got all put back together with new drier and flushed on saturday, sunday we vaccumed it down 27ng for 30 minutes and put in 8oz of ester 100 oil and 36oz of 134a. It works good and I get 55-60 degree air on high idleing, on low I get 45-50 degree air, when compared to a 04 suburban it was getting 40 on high with throttle so I have to assume it's good and I'm just not going to get the same numbers as the suburban since it's system was designed to have 134a and it's evap coil was sized for that exact vehicle where mine is not. Now I have to work on getting the cab sealed up so the hot air from outside is not mixing with the a/c and affecting the recirculation put some carpet in to help keep the ambiant temps down and put in the new weather strip on the side glass to combat those drafts maybe one day it'll all be alright  {noclue}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts