Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 - d150 - orig 3.9 - a/c. replaced condenser, dryer, cy sw.recharged a/c system. a/c compressor clutch not picking. my haynes manual does not cover heater/ac wiring. i am running a megasquirt fuel sy and using stock 1990 360 computer for ignition. i think the a/c interfaces with the computer and a wot relay someway. i am able to activate the clutch by jumpering 12vdc and gnd to the clutch and a/c cools well. blower motor works normally. any help will be appreciated. thks -sheriff-

·
Registered
29,686 Posts
there is a two wire pressure switch that you can run to a switch to turn the COMP on if the relay is working

·
7,995 Posts
It's late and I'll have to look for some more info but as I recall the WOT relay is supposed to pick when the ignition key is turned on, the computer will then look for a WOT signal from the TPS to drop the relay and power to the clutch so that you have maximum power with the pedal to the metal. The computer will also increase pulse width for the injectors on a stock FI engine.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the suggestions on my a/c prob. turns out that it was the throttle position sensor. normally the iac motor would have taken care of it, but i am not using iac because of the 4x holly tbi and megasquirt. i think the computer is looking for an increase in rpm when the a/c is turned on. thanks again --sheriff--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts