Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious what the concensus was on sizing an A/C condenser? If the school of thought is to go as big as possible (about 25.5" x 16.5"), is there a concern of blocking the entire radiator? I know I'm planning on using a parallel flow condensor, just unsure on the sizing.

Thanks.

·
29,524 Posts
I don't know the rule of thumb, but my '86 factory condensor covers the entire radiator opening, my 2000 does not.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
A good fan should be able to draw though both a condenser and rad sufficiently. In some cases a pusher in front may be needed during low speed driving. That is assuming good shrouding/sealing is used.

Between the condenser and trans cooler it has pretty much total rad coverage save for a strip along the top of about 3". Then the intercooler behind that blocks anything the other 2 missed.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm seeing a number of universal condensers all over the place. Does it matter what side the inlet and outlet are on? In other words, in the picture the input/output are on the right side of the picture, one being a #6 and one being a #8. Does it matter which is which? Can I flip it over so the input/outputs are on the passenger side?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts