Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted one like this before but i want to see if i can get anymore info this time. I have a 1996 dodge ram 1500 club cab with an automatic tranny. and it is stateing to have problems. I've been kickin around the idea of puttin a 5 speed in it. i know i will need the tranny, shiffter, cluch parts.
but how hard is it to change and does any one have a whole parts list and maybe a guess at a price range?
one last thing would have have to get the computer reprogramed for propper operation.
I'd be gratedful for any input
thanks guys
Jerry

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Ok, you seem to already know the basic stuff of what you need. You need to makesure tho that for the 5 speed that it is for a small block. Many of the 5 speeds out there wern't under small blocks, but v 10s and cummins. And those are different belhousings. You need a small block belhousing.

Price, depends on the tranny. Expect lots of $$$ to find a good used or even rebuilt nv 4500. There is also the nv 3500, not quite as beefy, but they put them in the 1500's.

Computer, just find a used one out of a 5 speed, same engine and same year and you're set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts