Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title stated it died going down the road and now the ignition won't even turn on the radio, it will turn over if you crossover the starter but will not start even with the ignition on, i assume its something related to the ignition but don't know where to check what hope this isn't a repost.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the battery ground is fine and the headlights work, is there a ground for the ignition specifically somewhere though

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
How were you able to "cross" the starter? I was under the impression with the way the solenoid was set up, that would be extremely difficult to go big terminal to big terminal.

Or do you mean big terminal to the little ignition switch terminal?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just touched a hot wire to the relay on the inside of the fender to cross the starter over.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
its a bad fuse link.  Check your fuse links as 340shorty just said.

·
Registered
29,343 Posts
[smg id=721]

[smg id=1197]

·
Administrator
60,447 Posts
DODGEBOYS said:
[smg id=721]

[smg id=1197]
Are those the same for the 93? I thought they changed things a bit by then. ???

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a wire from a safety switch that was installed on it that I have bypassed that I used to spin the starter. I found a fusible link wire that looks like it was burned in two but I can't find the other end of it but I didn't have much time to look today.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found out it was a bad pickup coil that was blowing a fuse and screwing everything up thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts