Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my 1993 Dodge RamCharger.  I got it for 1600 a few months ago.  Was a old Illinois Service Vehicle.  Thus the big push bumper.  Has a 360 Magnum.  Basic interior and such, even though it has the LE badging.  Going to fix it up pretty soon!

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not really checked out the Illinois chapter. And yea, it does have the roll bar in it. Pulled my 93 Lumina back with it. Good truck, gas mileage could be better.. hehe

Ryan

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the LE badging stands for Lookout Everyone! cuz of that bumper

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just want to get everything working right and straitened out. The radio needs replacing, somewhere in the column the horn wire is busted. Gotta replace that eventually. Interior needs some work. There are still many wires around from the old Illinois computer they had in there. I am eventually going to make a "what if" RamCharger R/T. Soup it up a bit. Some nice body work. Perhaps a Air Grabber hood and a redoing of the front bumper.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i dont, a "what if" r/t sounds cool. air grabber hood would be.....interesting.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know. Gotta get a lot of stuff working on it first!

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would tint the windows and put some nice rims on, but I found quite a bit of rust in the front floor pans, and rocker panels. So one I get those replaced, get the new interior all done. Perhaps. Until then I'll go with what I got. Thanks again and good luck!

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Little Update, new running boards and interior.

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been a while since I did anything momentous to the truck. Found out I need new quarters. The tranny needs to be rebuilt soon. Here are a few things I have done. Put in new door speakers. I don't have any rear speakers. Put in a new dash bezel. Got everything in the truck working except the 4x4 indicator (it's not the bulb and haven't had time to get under there and check the tranny sensor thing.) Put in a new radio cause my other new radio got fried cause the speakers were causing a feedback and toasted it. Then went to the junkyard and picked up a set of 92 Dakota Tail lights with chrome trim. They fit pretty well. I also just threw on there some new tires. Just 31's cause I'm for cruising and hauling. Then this week I got the new steering wheels and put the new one on.

A few before and after pictures.
Here are the three evolutions of the interior.

First time I ever saw it.

3 months Later

Today

And who could forget that bumper! Nothing different yet with that...

Thats all for now. Next step is to rebuild the tranny. Then the engine. I just rolled over 179,000 and I have no idea if anything has been done to the thing. Seems down on power and tranny is slipping. So we shall see. Also gotta work on my Challenger R/T in there somewhere.

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got some new Rims this week. $100 for all 4. I think I got a good deal, I've seen them go for more.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.