Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me how to syncronize the switch plate on 93 5.2 distributer r/c shakes and has no power

thanks Don

·
Registered
30,125 Posts
hook a scanner to it check the live data and the codes to see whats up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just had it into the dealership and they replaced cam sensor & crank sensor they fixed the stalling but told me i needed to have a supercard used on it ?.they couldnt get it closer than 4 degrees , before TDC another dealer says it just needs to be timed ?. So what is it to be set at one says he can, one says he cant..i'll do it myself still havent recoverd from the first bill. :-\

·
Registered
30,125 Posts
hate to say it but l think there giv,in it to you hard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea $497.00 to replace cam & crank sensor...now the timing is off. & they say i have to call another dealership to set the timeing because they dont have a supercard???

·
Registered
153 Posts
lawndawg said:
can anybody tell me how to syncronize the switch plate on 93 5.2 distributer r/c shakes and has no power

thanks Don
Dejavu! i just had a heated conversation with my brother over a rough idle condition in my new to me 5.9 magnum! Basically the jist was that the cam sensor only signals when the #1 cylinder is at TDC and close was good enough. I argued and won sort of that the distributor, although completely independant of ignition timing, did affect the distributor phase. To phase your rotor you will need to destroy a distributor cap by drilling a hole or cutting a window behind the #1 terminal. Using your timing gun you should now be able to see the position of the rotor when #1 fires. Turn the distributor acordingly. You really shouldn't be off too much and this had nothing to do with the EFI functioning but who knows.

·
Registered
153 Posts
lawndawg said:
i just had it into the dealership and they replaced cam sensor & crank sensor they fixed the stalling but told me i needed to have a supercard used on it ?.they couldnt get it closer than 4 degrees , before TDC another dealer says it just needs to be timed ?. So what is it to be set at one says he can, one says he cant..i'll do it myself still havent recoverd from the first bill. :-\
I have heard that sometimes timing is pulled out at the dealership if customers complain of pinging but 4^BDC sounds more like limp mode. No trouble codes?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is no check engine light on, they also told me 02 sensor was bad,so i changed that as soon as i got it home,then i pulled the # 1 plug brought up on compression stroke put mark on TDC pulled cap off it was close so i put a timeing light on it, and if i tried to get it any closer than 4 degrees it would stall, at 4 degrees BTDC it ran bad, it ran better at 12-14 degrees BTDC. but it has a little more power, but it still dont seem right??? should i try disconnecting the battery for a while ..and what is this limp mode???

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Don,

First off start with the simple stuff. With trucks that have as much computer controled crap as these you need to take your time and be VERY systamatic in your diagnostic work Check and make sure the cam sensor plate in the dist. is installed correcly it only fits in there one way but can be put in slightly turned. thus affecting timing. Turning the dist will have no affect on timing adjustment as it is set by the computer. (according to the Chilton book) check all your electical connections at the ECM. The 93 5.2L Magnum motors depend heavily on grounds and the computer
I have a 93 RC with the same motor and it shut off like someone turned the key off . i replaced the the cam sensor, crank sensor, ECM , with varying degrees of success . finally ended up finding a bad ground later on fixed that and truck has never run so well.
hope this helps . if you have any other questions feel free to E-mail me

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts