Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 91 full size with 5" lift and 35's. I got the kit from supperlift and it came with a steering block wich supposedly corrects the need for an extended steering drag link. The problems is that the truck wont steer as far right as left. This makes it difficult in parking lots. I had this problem before the lift, but now its worse. I have adjusted the gear box and replaced the drag link (the joints where worn) but still no luck. Also have a lower left ball joint with some play in it but not sure that could cause my condition. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
you can get an adjustable drag link from either skyjacker or superlift and it will allow you to center your steering.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Your truck was originally equipped with a Push / Pull drag link. However, with the new lift, the drag link's short length has made it pull more to one side than the other, resulting in your steering condition.

You have two options. You must get the existing drag link as parallel to the ground as it was before the lift, or convert the steering to a crossover system. (There is a How To on this)

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts