Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a few so far...this is all on a '91 Ram 250 2wd, 318 TBI.
1. I have no running lights. I had a friend hit the brakes/use the turn signals while I checked the taillights. The brake lights/blinkers (even back-up lights) work fine, but there are NO running lights??

2. Speedometer doesn't work, but I believe the tenths part of the speedo (under the odometer) is working, is this a bad speed sensor??

3. The "Maint Req'd" light is on, but when I turn the key to get the codes, all I get is 3,4,5...I dunno wth that means...

4. Finally, the 2 "stubs" that the tailgate slides over (at the bottom). 1 is broken clean off & theres a hole there. I'm guessing all I can do is weld another stub on? & will one from a '76 W200 work??

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
For your running lights, do you have dash lights? If you don't have dash lights as well there is a fuse that blows out and takes both out at the same time.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't check to see if the dash lights worked, didn't even think of the fuse either. I'll check it out though, thanks!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the dash/running lights to work, it was the fuse....also the speedo now works fine (???)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Yeah u have to weld that piece on ...umm....not sure on the interchange but geez u would think they might be pretty much the same though wouldn't ya ? an 80's model would i know for sure

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, looks like as long as the gate will fit around the stub it'll work; pretty much universal. For now I have that fixed verbally... "DON'T open the gate" :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts