Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 91' dodge with 4 inches of lift and 35's with a 318. It has a brand new set of headman headders and true dual exhaust. The problem started when i got my truck back from the exhaust shop, at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle it sputters and lurches. It just won't run right. At full throttle it runs fine and up to 1/2 throttle it has no problems but once you get past 1/2 throttle it starts sputtering. I wrapped the headers with thermo tech exhaust wrap and had to diconnect the erg lines to install the headers.I was thinking mabey timing or mabey air fuel mixture but the ECM controlls all of that and can't be adjusted. Does anybody know whats going on with my truck? And will a custom burnt ECM fix my problems?Any help will greatly apperciated!!!
Thanks!
~zach~

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
where are your O2 sensors / they control all the fuel mixture for yer truck / did they disconnect the battery before welding on yer new exhaust / if not they could have fried sensors / no O2 sensors no run right

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks a billion i owe you big time u were right. they never putt the 02 sensors back in!! opps!!

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
most good exhaust shops have weld-in bungs for the 02 sensors / let me know how you make out with it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, well i got it afroengineered for now. now don't get me wrong i'm not an advocate for using this as a permanant fix but right now my 02 sensor is still in my old manifold( needs a special socket, so i hear) and the old manifold is stuffed under the break booster with the 02 sensor plugged in. Hey it runs like a Deere! what can i say. but the 02 simulator is on it's way from the mountain top (summit)!! anyhow good times!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.