Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all
history as follows : 91 D150 has had multiple batteries,alternators,all new replaced over the last three years.problem always seems to be the same,but intermittent- til now.
over the last while,prior to my beginning this new job it has bee taken to the local garage and each time the request was to install alternator or battery as customer requested.now i am on the other end,as the person taking care of the small fleet of vehicles,and taking them to the garage i used to work at.

At no point did the previous caregiver request a diagnoisis for this problem,now that it is my hands,i have determined the battery and the alternator are both good.

The computer is not providing the ground signal to initiate the charge,so if it needs a computer,they are thinking of writing off the truck.

I have ordered the external voltage reg and connector,plan on running the alternator externally.

i recall reading about this,but dont recall anybody posting their results.

secondly,do i take photos for a how-to?

SOEJ will likely chime in right away,and slap me for asking before searching but I'm funny that way....

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Yeah, take pictures. There really isn't much detail required, but some people need pictures.

Blue wire stays put, green wire removed.

New green wire ran from original stud to green pigtail. Extra blue wire ran from alt blue stud to regulator. Blue wire is just a sensing wire, can be taped into any switched hot. Closer to the battery, the more accurate, but can't be connected to the battery or it will try to full field every time the engine is shut off.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i will take pics,and send them to you for a how-to  and you can give me .02 credit for the how to.
deal?

i figured it would be quite simple but havent been able to find hard evidence it works .hopefully this simplifies it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts