Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that the front steering on my 318 is slipping slightly on the road while not towing. I used to be able to handle the steering wheel with one finger and it would always drive steady and true. Now I have to keep both hands on it and keep it straight. I took it to the dealer and they said it was nothing wrong with it.

It is not slipping in any specific direction-it is just a little sloppy. Anyone run across this before? I checked the tires (new) Goodyear Wrangler 31X10 and the air is at 35 (F) and 45 (R). I do carry a large heavy tool box in the rear compartment ever since I have had it. Is it possible that carrying this this weight over 14 years is taking its toll on the suspension system? It has air shocks on the rear and they are over 10 years as well.

·
Registered
568 Posts
could be a lot of things. most likely in the front end. slop in the steering box, tie rod ends, idler arm, ball joints, leaf spring bushings...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It could be any of the above mentioned things or a combination of several of them. Time to roll up your sleeves and start checking things out.

·
Registered
568 Posts
bad ball joints? pulling to one side? I've got that!

Speaking of which Dean... what 'cha doing this weekend? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.