Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i foudn a magnum 360 outta 95 ram 1500 and i wanted to know what all i needed to drop it in my rc?

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
depends if you want the MPI fuel injection or not.

G

·
To the basics, your mounts will swap over. If you have a 360LA, the mounts are the same. If a 318, you'll need to shim (about 3 flat washers per bolt on two bolts) the driver side, or get a 360 mount. You'll need the pre-'96 torque converter balanced for the 360 Magnum, NOT for 360LA, the weight is different, or, have your converter re-balanced for the Magnum. Same for flywheel if standard shift. If you run across a '96 or newer torque converter, note that these are zero-balance like the 318's (the balance weight was moved to the flexplate), but the bolt pattern for the flexplate to torque converter was changed, so they must be used together to work. The flexplate to crank bolt pattern was not changed, so they will bolt to all LA's and Magnums.
If you plan on using a carburetor, you'll need an M1 intake for carb. use, and an electric fuel pump, since the Magnum has no fuel pump eccentric for mechanical fuel pump (There's a simple mod for this as well).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts