Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new member here.
1990 Dodge w250 5.2l 318 TBI
The 4 pin electrical connector for injectors, located on the rear drivers side of my throttle body, had been getting a bad connection in the past so I had bypassed connector with temporary flat blade connectors.

I am now putting another 4 pin connector on but it is off a parts vehicle around my place just a 4 pin not the same color code wiring. I made the mistake of snipping a couple wires before I got any photos. from what i can see from haynes wiring diagram seems that both injectors share a ground but the other two wires are side specific....labeled as injector #1 (White/ dark Blue tracer) and injector #2 (Tan). along with this the electrical caps on top of each injector have small circular tabs that are of different sizes, one 5mm and the other 4mm (keeping you from placing caps on wrong side, tabs only fit designated slot).

so my question is which side of throttle body is what numbered injector.....and a side note to that is how relevant is it even, for my own notes id like to know regarless which injector is which but would it even make a difference if i was to have wired them backwards?

add.
forgot to say wiring too my injector (after 4 pin connector) has no color code all the same color as seen in photos.

Handwriting Gesture Font Auto part Cable
Circuit component Font Engineering Auto part Electrical wiring
Automotive tire Newspaper Motor vehicle Bicycle part Engineering
Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Slope
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Electrical wiring Fender

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DODGEBOYS
Thank you for your reply. As I have posted in photos I already have the wiring diagram. My confusion is if I have say the tan wire that goes to injector two. Which injector (which side of throttle body) does that tan wire go to....the electrical connectors that plug directly into the top of the injectors have tabs that are sized to ensure they go on to the correct injector. But since all my wires are black and I have cut them I do not know physically which side of the throttle body is injector #1 or injector#2....wiring diagram shows two injectors numbered but does not show anywhere in manual which side is which injector

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also correction to my original post it appears that computer controls ground and both injectors share the same source of power

·
Registered
30,113 Posts
yup thats why l was TOTALLY confused with your reply , IF you read the wiring diagram

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still dont understand....does it matter which side of throttle body is which injector. When I pull throttle body and look down intake manifold there is nothing separating the two sides....but the plastic tabs on electrical connectors that keep them only able to plug in on one side of throttle body makes me think it does matter which injector is on either side of
throttle body

·
Registered
30,113 Posts
nope it dont matter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thank you DodgeBoys for response, so why would they put those tabs on the connectors on top of each injector so they cant be crossed up and put on the wrong sides?

·
Registered
30,113 Posts
not a clue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts