Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my buddy's parts store the other night as I'm giving some thought to buying a stock, reman. SBEC, computer for my new 360. Looks like the after market offers 8 or maybe even 10 different part numbers worth of computers for the 1990 model year alone. Has anybody got any idea why so many choices? Of course there's the Lockup vs non-lockup convertor, high altitude version, and the California emissions version, but what are all the others specific to?? Have any of you guys cracked the part number code on these things? Can anybody tell me which one, (Part number wise ), offers the best possible performance capability? I live here in the Northeast at sea level. Help??

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Lets see. There are computers for the 3.9L V6, 318 and 360. With each of those motors there are all of the different emissions requirements, Federal, High altitude and CA emissions. All of the computers should be able to control a lockup or overdrive automatic, or have a manual tranny. I am not 100% about that though, but they all have the pins for them. The federal emissions computer would be your best bet for performance, unless you live in an ARB state.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Yeah what he said. The Mopar reman #'s are: R4557571 5.9 A/T LD FED R4557575 5.9 M/T LD FED R4557573 5.9 A/T (4 SPD) LD CAL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts