Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Right on CCB. That's the kinda pipe I need. Isn't that kit setup a common thing for redo, restoration? It's what's done all the time eh? There are some negative comments about quality here on pre-bent stock from 12 years ago.
Done deal then. I'll buy that and Walkers and cats. I don't need the perfect looking, least restrictive exhaust. Though I need to put some thought into the hangers.

Thanks. He did fine work on those manifolds. I'll take the LA look over better Magnum flow.

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
That's a common kit for any hot rodder. I have the same kit under my truck only my pipes are 2.25" and not 3" like in the link I sent you. I was very happy with the kit, all of the bends look awesome. 馃憤

Reactions: JoeRudi15

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Here's some shitty pictures of my exhaust.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Exhaust done and tucked beside the frame rails similar to above.
AC/heat dash switch was faulty. Pulled a switch from the junker 1993 W150, fingers crossed it works.
Should be picking the RC up soon and driving it 300 miles home. Any reman break-in advice?
Circuit component Wood Office equipment Passive circuit component Gas

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

Repair weld on mount for the lift-gate. No way I could have done that, not gonna grip about the imperfections.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior

Bought some spare parts. What wheels do those caps fit? One day I may search for stock wheels.

Registered
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Btw I ended up getting a a set of those magnum valve covers 馃憣馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Glad you found the covers pretty fast, nice. I knew the covers would be obstructed by hoses and lines since it is a 90. But they still add some pizzazz.
Yeah, those wheels are sharp. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Advice please:

99% sure I have an oil leak traced to the front of the pan. #%@&%*^# Leaked about 1/2 qt. 400 miles.
From various RCC threads I found some pro advice.

And for clarity:
1. 360 rubber Mahle or Fel-pro gasket?
2. Permatex High-tack between gasket and pan....let dry?
3. more Permatex at the ends between gasket and block?
4. 4-8 of those plastic guides to align pan on install ?

Hoping to fix from underneath. Alternating bolt tightening and step torque the bolts. Any other pro-tips?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Pretty happy with the reman'd 360 magnum. Truck gets up and moves. Exhaust looks good and maybe doesn't add much performance but I really disliked the previous pipe running beneath the trans pan. Not so sure about the Holley Sniper. Plenty of negative views far and wide on that system. Already had the connector firing the 2 & 4 cylinder injector come loose. Some of the tuning is off. Had a small coolant leak at the radiator petcock valve, fixed that, but I suspect another leak somewhere. Although it holds pressure.

Replaced the padding in the armrests.

Wood Tool Font Knife Blade

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Rim Automotive exhaust Auto part Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Black

Super Moderator
The Fel-Pro molded rubber gasket with the anti-crush sleeves works great. P/N# OS 34409 R. Just make sure all surfaces are clean of any old gasket debris and yes, use a dab of silly goop in the corners. You typically don't need any gasket glue or something like that, just make sure everything is clean and dry.

Attachments

• Helpful
41 - 49 of 49 Posts