Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 92 360 magnum that i got with 80k miles on it and i wanna change the tired 318tbi out what all do i need to drop the magnum in its place????

G

·
That depends on a few things. Front-to-back....the Magnum fan and water pump run opposite of LA's. Are you gonna use LA accessory drive, or Magnum? Engine mounts will bolt up just as an LA 360 would...you'll need to shim the driver side mount, or get a 360 mount...just use some flat washers to take up the slack. Planning on using the Magnum injection or going carb? If injected, you'll need to bump up the fuel pressure with a high output inline pump...Holley...Edelbrock...Accel...., or get the Magnum fuel pump assembly as used in Magnum-equipped RC's. Using Magnum injection? You'll need the Magnum PCM and wiring. Either piggyback it to run the basic engine functions, and your stocker handle the rest, or graft the Magnum wiring to do most of the work. The Magnum 360 is still an externally balanced engine, so you'll need to have appropriate weight added to the 318 torque converter. The weight is a bit less than an LA 360, so make sure it's 360 Magnum-specific. Exhaust? Bliss can be yours. If you wanna sell the ...........WAITAMINNIT!!!! There's no such thing as a 1992 360 MAGNUM!!!!
1992 saw the 318 Magnum debut. 360 Magnum didn't show til 1993.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
well gen1 is right on. there was no 92 360 mag. but if its a 93 360, then what he said pretty much covers the install.

Duane

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so wtf is a 92 360 a la motor?????? all i know is what the guy told me said that the truck was a 92 3/4 ton with a 360 magnum 5spd. so i dont know anything about when they come out or if a 92 is a magnum so gen1 u aint gotta be a dick about shit man all im all i know is what the guy told me eather way 375 for a 92 360 with 80k miles is a dam good deal.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Well does it have a TBI or a magnum barrel shaped manifold on it. The drivers side of the block has it cast in what size it is. Look for 318 or 360

G

·
Rebel Ram said:
so wtf is a 92 360 a la motor?????? all i know is what the guy told me said that the truck was a 92 3/4 ton with a 360 magnum 5spd. so i dont know anything about when they come out or if a 92 is a magnum so gen1 u aint gotta be a dick about shit man all im all i know is what the guy told me eather way 375 for a 92 360 with 80k miles is a dam good deal.
I was being a dick by saying the truth? It was more like I was making fun of myself for answering the question before it dawned on me that I was being asked the Dodge version of the question, "What's the ignition timing of a 327 in a '57 Chevy?" (Save the flames. I know it didn't exist. That's my point.) Hmm, now I could agree that I was a dick if I answered your other question by saying, "No, a '92 360 was an experimental warp drive powerplant that was fully re-called due to technology-related issues. Well, there was one they never found. Dude, grab it. It's worth millions!" The dick would be the dude trying to sell something that doesn't exist. Maybe he's wrong about the year. Maybe he's looking at a casting number that indicates it was cast late in 1992......for the 1993 model year. You obviously didn't read my initial statements very well because I clearly stated the Magnum 360 did not appear til 1993. Therefore, the 1992 360 had to be an LA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts