Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to do a disk brake conversion i already have the caddy calipers to remain the e brake but not sure what brakets or rotors to go with to remain the 8x6.5 bolt pattern also when installing do i have to pull the axle shafts?any help and pictures would be awesome thank you

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The 99+ E350 rotor is popular for swaps because its machined on the backside to mount outboard of the axle flange/hub. 01-02 Dodge rotor mounts similarly. Both rotors are used with 16" wheels.

I would probably get a generic weld-on bracket for those calipers, and tailor it as needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are you working on? I've not seen or heard of a 9.25 Chry. diff with 8x6.5 bolt patteren axles. Are you trying to convert a Dana 60 to disc brakes?
Jim

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Cody said:
What are you working on? I've not seen or heard of a 9.25 Chry. diff with 8x6.5 bolt patteren axles. Are you trying to convert a Dana 60 to disc brakes?
Jim
Some light duty d/w250 trucks used a 9.25 8 lug axle

·
Registered
2,708 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome thank you found them for $65 a piece not bad now time to kiss those drum brakes goodbye backing plates and drums along with the inside was all shot honestly was cheaper to do the disk brake swap then new drums

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
a NOTE / for people that want disc brake on a 1/2 ton 9 1/4 can use the Chrysler Imperial stuff , the last few years of production they had 9 1/4 disc brake rears BUT the 5 x 5 bolt pattern = l had the rotors redrilled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.