Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd start a thread since I haven't seen one yet to pay respect to each of those that lost their lives on 9/11 and it's aftermath. I would ask to keep it respectful but would love to hear how it has affected your lives:
I was a recent college graduate working towards grad school for an engineering career. I traveled for a company that designed and built parking garages as well as rehabbed existing garages and bridges. I was on a job site that day to complete some inspections and couldn't believe what was happening. Fast forward to early 2002, I felt like I wanted to do something different that was more rewarding and could help people in general. I started testing and got hired by one of our local fire departments. I have been there ever since, at the greatest job ever! Sometimes tiring, frustrating, and definitely not getting rich but always rewarding. Led to meeting my wife, 3 kids, and a life of happiness. God works in mysterious ways.
Eric

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I remember where I was working & who told me that day. Didn't know or realize anything about the 2nd, 3rd or 4th planes until that afternoon when on my way home from work I was unable to find a gas station that didn't have a long line of cars & the price had more than doubled. This is the most panic driven city I have ever seen & my dumbass regretted not having filled up the weekend before as had been my normal routine.

As to its effect on my life:

(A) more respect for first responders, police, medical personnel & military people. Other events since then have further deepened that respect.

(B) more distrust & hatred for our government & most foreign nations. I think maybe in 1945 the US should have just kept rolling & taken over most of the planet.

Bucky

·
Registered
29,099 Posts
Water Skyscraper Building Sky Property

·
Registered
704 Posts
I started watching Netfix's "Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror" this weekend.
I have to say that I forgot some of the events from that time, and it gave me chills to relive it.

I hope it won't happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts