Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i finally pulled the trigger on this idea I've been tossing around. The goal is to keep all the slow rock crawling goodness she already has, and improve on the drivability and acceleration in the sand/desert. The 727 just leaves a lot to be desired, i can go on and on about my plights but at the end of the day im asking modern day expectations out of a 40 year old design and its just not working.

Picked up a 2019 8hp75 out of a 1500 ram that had a 5.7
Pulled the Valve body out

Then Pulled the TCM off

Sending it off to Rusell over at Sound German to get his 8hp95 programing, harness, and paddle shifters :cool:

Im not sticking with the 8hp75 tuning because

1. I can't stand the shift knob, and it has to be used for the 75 tuning, 95 tuning allows the shift handle from the center console of a Charger, challenger, etc.
2. The 505" stroker power curve more closely aligns with a 6.4 or hellcat and we believe the trans will live a longer life at this programing/shift points

I have the adapter kit from JVX racing to mate the 8hp to the 440, adapter from AXIS racing to mate my atlas 2 case (standard 6 bolt pattern) to the back of the 8hp.

I'll have to fab a custom crossmember but i believe there will be zero floor mods, the 8hp is about the size of a th350, I'll do picture Comparisions when i pull the 727 out.

Havent been active in awhile so this is what its going in.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the TC down to my local race shop, they don't want to open it up. Guess there's only a few players supplying the parts for the 8hp torque convertors and they havent gotten them in,

Talked to Suncoast, sending the core off today. No one can confirm 100% that the 8hp70 and 8hp75 are identical convertors, they sure appear to be but better safe than sorry.

Axis adapter should be here Wednesday and ill update with pictures along with the adapter to the engine mount

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the adapter for the tail section

Not in my experience no it does not, but this may be different, from what i gathered from the jeep guys using this adapter to bolt up their atlas it was plug and play

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the Axis Tail Adapter mounted

Unboxed

Side by Side

Heights are identical however the Axis eliminates the rear mount, will have to decided how i want to support the Atlas and rear of the tranny now

And here it is all bolted together.

Waiting on the TC back from Suncoast, the Harness/TCM/Paddles from Sound German and i can get to mocking this thing up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts