Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello me and one of my friends were unboltingy transfer case in my 89 w150 360 727 and he dropped in onto his chest but all the vacuum lines came undone so u have no way to figure out how they go back on o looked in my manual but can't find anything so anything would help thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
This may not help much but it's all I've got:

·
Registered
29,390 Posts
the vacuum harness plug that plugs into the t-case is KEYED and can only be "correctly" plugged in one way

·
Registered
29,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Drewmeyes88 said:
Hello me and one of my friends were unboltingy transfer case in my 89 w150 360 727 and he dropped in onto his chest but all the vacuum lines came undone so u have no way to figure out how they go back on o looked in my manual but can't find anything so anything would help thanks!!
Your half way there!!!!

Crap can the vac lines, get some manual hubs, lock in the CAD in the front axle and throw in a little jeep solenoid, plug in the wire from the cad to the solenoid that now goes where the big vac plug on top of the T case and you can get rid of 20 feet of problematic vac lines and a vac booster on the driver side frame rail!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
the vacuum harness plug that plugs into the t-case is KEYED and can only be "correctly" plugged in one way
What do u mean keyed?? Is it just a plug? See all of my hoses actually popped off of the thing in the t case?? So I just need to trase them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
willy J said:
Your half way there!!!!

Crap can the vac lines, get some manual hubs, lock in the CAD in the front axle and throw in a little jeep solenoid, plug in the wire from the cad to the solenoid that now goes where the big vac plug on top of the T case and you can get rid of 20 feet of problematic vac lines and a vac booster on the driver side frame rail!!!
ok so can I just get a axle off like an 84 w150 and what do I do with the plug in the tcase?? Could u just tell me everything I would need to do the conversion? Andhow about the posi lok system they have out will that replace the stock system?? I know about cars but not to much about vacuum lines

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Dont even need to get an axle. You could just use your exisiting axle.

I can tell you all about it. Dont by the posi lok. No need to.
There is a FAQ on the CAD system up top. Lots of pictures.

There isnt a "plug" on top of the T case. Its a switch. Basically with the electrical switch from 80-84 it tells the light on the dash to light up when you shift to 4x4. With the CAD vacuum operated units its a vacuum switch on top the T case that tells the axle to engage a slide collor.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I seen the links but I couldn't find anything on tracing the lines.  Are there links to do the swap or did I not read the first link good enough

·
Registered
904 Posts
the CAD on my kid's truck is nothing but a huge vac leak; as soon as I put it into 4H. so I plan on hitting the yard for a set of manual lock outs and locking the CAD gear engaged so I can throw all that vac crap into File 13. and down the list of wants for it is a '83-older, non CAD Dana 44 with 3.55s to match the rear.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Drewmeyes88 said:
Yea I seen the links but I couldn't find anything on tracing the lines. Are there links to do the swap or did I not read the first link good enough
Its all kinda jumbled in there. mostly the pictures are part number references. With some pics explaining what the parts are and how they work together.

Its not really hard. Just make sure to cap off any open ports so you wont have exposed lines or leaks. There are two on the back of the engine that need to be capped off after the suck lines are all pulled out. make sure to pull the right ones. take the time to trace them and make sure they are the cad suck lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.