Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo... i go out to take the good old remcharger for a spin start it up let it warm up for a minute, put it in drive... doesent move, give it some gas,  wont move. its pissing me off because its the third time its done it. it stuck in the frickendrive way with only the left rear stuck.will go in reverse but not foreword.
any suggestion? i usually take off them drumm and fiddle with it and that works for awhile...
help1

·
Registered
29,628 Posts
reach in the slot on the backing plate with a screwdriver and de-adjust them so they free up

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Might want to replace the adjuster kit on that side.  BTW, is this happening after you have had the e-brake set or not?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well when i was little i stretched the e-brake cable and it stuck,we released that so the e brake is never set anymore because i don't want it to happen again. the other weekend when it happened before, it broke loose just by pushing the accelerator a bit but not now it refuses to let go.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I would say your best bet at this point is to pull the drum and make sure your hardware kit is okay.

·
Registered
839 Posts
a few days ago i had a similar problem i could feel some resistance and found the left rear drum was sticking a bit (it was much hotter than the others) it wasnt locked up as bad as yours is though. i went home pulled the drum and re adjusted it and checked to see that everything was in place and everything inside was just good put it all back together had someone hit the brakes and let off and the brakes still hung on some. hit it once with a hammer and they would go back. eventually what i had to do was take the springs that pull the shoes back and put some bends in them so they had more tension on them. worked perfectly. this may or may not help your situation

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
gregg, sometime there is a notch worn into the backing plate where the inside of the brake shoe contacts it. you may have to remove the shoes and smooth the backing plate and apply a small amount of hi temp lube to the contact point. very small amount of lube. hope that helps. ==sheriff==

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a similar problem due to a bad parking brake cable that would not retract, kinda froze inside the cable housing after it had been parked a few weeks. Would move in reverse but complained loudly in forward. Had to replace the cable and rebuild the brakes due to cooked shoes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.