Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the same problem as 87 my light wont go off either. I tried the on,of thing too and no code light just goes off but as soon as i crank it up it stays on. I looked behind the glove box but there was no white box there(aint sure if it was supposed to be in this year model) but it has been stayin on so long that it has melted the plastic around it in the cluster. I really dont want to take the bulb out in case i have another problem. The smog pump/air pump is completely disconnected and i still havent figured out the throttle kicker motor sticking problem but if it was one of these things wouldnt it read out a code? Come on guys lay some knowledge on me! thanks

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
For the idle issue:
Did you at least go through the setting procedure for the throttle kicker or look for possible vacuum leaks?

Do you have an FSM (Factory Service Manual) for the vehicle?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just havent had a chance to try adjusting the kicker motor and i do have one from when i had my 75 RC but it has gone MIA during moving.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This is from the FSM to reset the light:

The module is located to the right of the glove compartment.

After necessary emission maintenance has been performed, reset module by inserting a small screwdriver blade into the hole on module case to depress the reset button.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
From the picture it should be all the way to the right...behind the right AC vent

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
The years for having a reset button have been kicked around a few times.

On my 1990, there was none.  Not even talked about in the fsm.

The light comes on at preset mileage intervals, not because of any faults sensed, so you're all set to remove the bulb.

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
Yes, the light is an interval light.  It is not an error or diagnostic light.  remove it and be happier.

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
volaredon said:
89 there was no more box w/a bsttery; you gotta have a scanner to reset the "EMR" light.
Or he can remove the bulb from the dash...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts