Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a computer from an 89 rc 318 tbi be compatible(or work in) with an 88 rc 318 tbi?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
my 88-d150 was a 3.9 v6. i installed a 440/tf727 and used a 89 360 computer and tb. the only difference i saw was that the orig tb did not have the fuel temp sensor in the tb. i believe it will work ok assuming it is the same transmission that was orig mated to the computer. lockup/nonlockup -- od/nonod ect. i have since gone to a megasquirt computer and 900 cfm holley tb. my truck ran well w/the 360 tb/computer, but not enough fuel/air for the 440. megasquirt/900 cfm holley is still in the tuning stages, but at this point is better than stock setup.a word about the std megasquirt. some of the design of this system is comes up way short of expations. rs-237 cable connection are not suitable for automotive use. inj drivers not reliable w/low z injectors. tried resistors and inj would not work. had to go to flyback board -- works ok. later versions -- ultra ms,ms2 ect will hopefully correct some of these problelms. mini ms has automotive connectors and incorporates the relay board functions as part of the main ms board. this seems like the best way to go. sorry for getting off subject, but may be some useful info to some. --sheriff--

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 88's and 89's were the same but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have a chance to buy an 89 computer for $30. Is that a good price?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
geronimo said:
I think the 88's and 89's were the same but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have a chance to buy an 89 computer for $30. Is that a good price?
$30.00 is a good buy. i think i paid 50.00 + shipping from car-parts.com and that was about the cheapest i found out of several pages listed. good luck --sheriff--

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
They don't get any cheaper than that. It's a great deal assuming it worked good when pulled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts