Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to order a fuel sending unit for a 1989 RC. I broke two of the plastic fittings on mine when I was dropping the tank and I can’t seem to find the correct on thanks in advance

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
howdy and welcome / those are NOT made any more for the simple reason that they are completely rebuildable , read link below

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The plastic housing is not rebuildable, that's what I don't understand. Yes its rebuildable as far as swapping pumps independent of the housing but when the nipples break youre screwed, that link is not really rebuilding it to me, its doing what you have to to make it work..

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
The plastic housing is not rebuildable, that's what I don't understand. Yes its rebuildable as far as swapping pumps independent of the housing but when the nipples break youre screwed, that link is not really rebuilding it to me, its doing what you have to to make it work..
thats repairing the broken nipples = rebuilding it / what else you gonna do , other wise get a 1991 tank as an upgrade and change out the pump

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you repaired them before? The post gave two suggestions one is drilling it out and using fuel line repair and the other is to use a tap and barbed fittings which is better what size lines or fittings I would like to fix what I have with no issues with the fix thanks again for your info this truck is my first dodge I have had several k5’s and parts are plentiful for those never had an issue finding parts until the ramcharger

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
thats repairing the broken nipples = rebuilding it / what else you gonna do , other wise get a 1991 tank as an upgrade and change out the pump
I just don't consider that rebuildable, able to be cobbled maybe.

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
thats a very professional and proper repair for something that is so far gone and you can never get again , its just fine [ other wise either upgrade or go buy a fuel cell and start over ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got the sending unit repaired on my 1989 and it works good now I have fuel lines on the frame leaking does anyone know the sizes of the lines? Are they 5/16 supply and return and 3/16 for the vapor line?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts