Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am redoing my dashboard and the chrome on the vents and the dash panel are worn out.you know the little chrome that goes around vent and the one that goes around dash panel for spedometer and all that.

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,275 Posts
sandman22377 said:
ok i am redoing my dashboard and the chrome on the vents and the dash panel are worn out.you know the little chrome that goes around vent and the one that goes around dash panel for spedometer and all that.
and..............?? ???
Do you want to repair or replace or remove?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
OK, so... paint it?

And, paint it to match the trim. 

·
Registered
399 Posts
is there a DIY method to re-chrome that plastic??  I was wondering how I was going to resolve that issue.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
The only thing I have found that works to replace the chrome stripe around the bezels on cars is a chrome foil that is used in modeling.  It's not cheap, it's very hard to work with and it will come off with too much handling but it does look a lot better than silver paint.  Another thought would be to paint the stripe to match the interior or exterior if you don't mind the non-stock appearance.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Elwenil said:
The only thing I have found that works to replace the chrome stripe around the bezels on cars is a chrome foil that is used in modeling. It's not cheap, it's very hard to work with and it will come off with too much handling but it does look a lot better than silver paint. Another thought would be to paint the stripe to match the interior or exterior if you don't mind the non-stock appearance.
It about $20 for a couple sheets of it and you just need a steady had and a NEW exacto knife or razor blade. If dull it will tear. But its easy to work with. Its called bare metal foil

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my vent trim on my '89 and was able to find a new set of four on eBay. Hope this gives you some hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts