Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured since the truck has no cats and the smog pump just blows air into the world now, does anyone have a belt diagram of a pump delete & a part number for a belt? I’m also certain the smog pump and water pump are on the same belt.

Mixed reviews of what peoples feelings are regarding the smog pump. I’d rather just lose the belt and spin it over every so often so it doesn’t seize. No pics as of right now, just want to gather some information so when I get around to it I can do it.

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have an actual video series on how to do that and all the things i learned a long the way. I just dont rember the part number for the belt. Just click on the link to my YouTube in my signature. Dodge boys should have a diagram of the smog pump for you soon.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh nice, I actually watched each video a few times to see what was going on. Before fully deleting it I just wanna make sure I actually want to by just doing the belt. I’m sure in the future I will follow what you did if deleting the belt makes me happy

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good i am glad you saw them. Since i did that delete all has been good. The truck runs so much better and is happier. If dodgeboy is busy ill get you a photo of the diagram out of my FSM for yeah later this weekend

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like since the smog pump isn’t shooting air into the exhaust the truck gets confused and falls straight on its ass. I know dodgeboys is lurkin and will pop up eventually

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lol i feel that. On all your points.

·
Registered
28,349 Posts
the W/P runs off the P/S pump belt

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol i feel that. On all your points.
Cut the belt & the truck is running much smoother. I suppose I’ll be following what you did in the near future after my body work. Only downfall is that the belt I cut was brand new.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That kinda sucks. Why did you cut it? There is that bolt / nut at the pivot point that allows you to tighten or loosen that belt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My brother was having a get together at his house where my truck currently is and didn’t wanna be the guy to carry up the tool box while everyone else is doing their thing lol. The smog pump wobbles as it spins so I assume some bearingis shot or loose on it also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should just be able to take the belt off and then plug the end of the hose with something. That’s what I did and there’s been no problems

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You should just be able to take the belt off and then plug the end of the hose with something. That’s what I did and there’s been no problems
yeah I cut the belt off and noticed a huge difference. my truck would almost shake pretty good on start up. Feels much smoother now

·
Registered
202 Posts
My brother was having a get together at his house where my truck currently is and didn’t wanna be the guy to carry up the tool box while everyone else is doing their thing lol. The smog pump wobbles as it spins so I assume some bearingis shot or loose on it also.
Lol that makes a lot more sense of a situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts