Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D Okay, Okay I just thought about it. Is there really such thing as a small lift?

Okay here's the question the dilema. I have a stock(best to my knowledge) LE150 88RC. 2wd. with side steps(Long stainless steel ridged). I would like to raise it maybe a 1-2". (They are real sticklers over here in Spain for FACTORY Specs.) I just want a little push-up if you know what I mean.

An Idea that I came up with was air-adjustable shocks. Is this a good idea or not. ANy help would be valued. Also, I would like to keep the cost as low as possible. Still have some body work to fix and a paint job to get done.

See-ya on flip side.

---
7-Mary-3 and 4, Respond to Ventura and Bellvue for report of accident....

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
2wd huh ? Well there isn't too much you can do other than do a bodylift and 2"inch shouldn't be too bad at all man . Get nes urethane body bushings while you are at it . I think this would the cheap and easiest thing for you to do man .

bt83rc

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well the shocks won't give you any lift...that is what it sounds like you think they might do...bt83rc is right ...if you are looking for a good cheap lift, buy yourself a 2" body lift and do it yourself....it's only 6 bolts for body and a 2" extension to weld on for the tranny linkage...I Imagine if you don't have a welder you can have it done pretty cheap buy a local with a welder on the back of his truck....trust me they are around....good luck

mike

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Body lift is the cheapest way to go....

what about add-leafs? this should give you some little lift. Don't know about the liftkits from skyjacker etc., they offer some 2.5" liftkit....don't know, if that is a simple add-leaf thing or really new springs....

other thing I can think of: get your springs re-arched. Mine is an 88 too and the springs are pretty much done...might get you the original ride height.

in another thread about energy suspension body bushings I read something about the new bushings will give nearly 1" compared to the old, worn rubber bushings....

just my .02

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went through this with my 2wd R/C a few years back. First thing is the 3/4 ton coil springs won't give you any added lift. just a stiffer ride. I found this out after pulling the lower control arms, disassembling everything, replacing springs, and putting it all back together. Your best bet is probably the body lift. I ended up putting a 3" on mine and managed to squeeze a set of 33x12.5s on it.

Someone had mentioned to me that the 1 ton trucks had longer lower control arms and longer coil springs which resulted in a higher stock ride height. Don't know if this is true because I never pursued it. I also though some type of spring spacer might be good for a little lift, but didn't try that either. Just my $.02.

Matt

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
it's the 1 ton springs you want for more lift, I heard. The lower control arms might help if you wanted to LOWER the truck though. ;)

If you mean the air "rods" that have the strut inside 'em, with a mini-airbag for a spring, that's a potential way to go, but you have to set up an air supply & control system for it if you want to be able to change them without (probably) taking your wheels off.

I been in Spain for a while. How are you even driving that thing on the city streets? Those streets are more for fiat cinquicento's than fullsize trucks! I bet you'd get no end of bug-eyed stares from the locals though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rammin88 said:
I been in Spain for a while. How are you even driving that thing on the city streets? Those streets are more for fiat cinquicento's than fullsize trucks! I bet you'd get no end of bug-eyed stares from the locals though.
Thats easy I just put a push guard on the front! ;D

No really, so I should look at the one ton springs? Where can I get them JC? Also, any suggestions on a good all-terrain? Going to get the rims dipped for about $200.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
1 ton springs are available at JCW, for about 100 bucks each, but they use bigger bolts compared to the 1/2 ton springs of your rc....

i'm running BFG ATs....no probs so far, but I only had them now for about 7K...If you run more on the street, I would also suggest Bridgestone Dueler AT, in my case those later ones were about 40 bucks (each) more than the BFGs....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts