Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1988 W100 318 TBI, 2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5.7 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 W100 (318 TBI) which is the first "classic" I've owned. trying to restore it the best I can while still being a student.
I am working behind someone on this build who pulled the truck out of a field. He did not care much for functionality as much as he did looks and re-did the interior before anything mechanical, besides getting the truck running. besides the fact that the entire A/C system except for the compressor and condenser,
My issues are with the vacuum system for the climate controls (as it is stuck on defrost) and a few random vacuum lines that have been blocked off or capped off.

This first photo is of the vacuum outlets on my Throttle body, I am assuming that the smaller one with the green cap is for the climate control system, but I do not know what the larger one is for. I've found a photo online of a similar Throttle body on an 89 model but it had 4 outlets,
Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Metal

the largest one being the PCV, but my PCV comes into my air filter.

This second photo is a bit blurry I apologize for that, but I was standing in an awkward position to take it. this is a blocked-off vacuum line that comes up from the back of my engine to near the distributor where I am assuming it has been cut and blocked with a zip tie and a screw. I am also assuming that is what goes onto the larger vacuum outlet, but if someone knows where it goes for sure that would be great info.
Automotive tire Twig Plant Motor vehicle Gas

These last two images are of what I believe to be for the climate control system, but I am entirely unsure of any of this. it looks like some type of splitter or something with an electrical connection on it. it is located on top of the passenger side wheel well near the blower motor and has all of its connections capped off except for one which leads to a line that has been cut off and I do not know where the other side is.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

White Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Gas

I apologize if these questions have been answered before, but I could not find anything online but diagrams for the vacuum lines, and it did not detail where they start only where they end. I also apologize if this post is hard to follow as it's my first time posting to a forum. This is my first time ever messing with vacuum lines, and knowing where they go and how they work is still a mystery to me. thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
1988 W100 318 TBI, 2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5.7 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so my TB only has 2 nipples on it whereas this is 3. I have been trying to search around on this website and yours for vacuum diagrams and depictions like this one. Is there anywhere online that depicts the climate control vacuum system from start to finish or should I try to get an FSM for this model year and start there? thank you for your input

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,297 Posts
I would get a FSM from Dodgeboys to have that info. It will be needed to repair and diagnose all of it.
It does look like your TBI has a missing nipple on the front and silicone in that spot. That could be why you can't find anything that resembles it.

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
I would get a FSM from Dodgeboys to have that info. It will be needed to repair and diagnose all of it.
It does look like your TBI has a missing nipple on the front and silicone in that spot. That could be why you can't find anything that resembles it.

it does look like there is JB weld on there / l have the 1988 FSM in stock ready to ship / my feedback as a seller on here DODGEBOYS

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
here is the Whole engine diagram

Notice / this diagram might NOT be correct depending on vehicle options , you would hafta check your VECI label to verify

·
Super Moderator
14,521 Posts
The line that you say "no clue" see if it goes toward the back of the truck as the tank vent.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior

Only thing I can think of that's in the same general location as the picture, some simply have a vented cap with a filter instead of the fender mounted block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts