Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some help ive asked around and even looked on here and it kinda touched on sum of my probs...first problem was i was going up a slight hill and my oil light came on then it shut the rc completly off...then my check engine light came on so i got the codes..it says its MAP and TCC so..i was told not to worry about the TCC bc the RC isnt driving/ idling bad so my instructor also said dont worry about the TCC and get an oil change ??? and go from there...uhm ok...so did that BUT its usually happening when the coolant levels guage reach half or 50% the check engine light will come on well today i got home an started it and 5 seconds later the check engine light pops on..well i bought this RC from someone who had it for 3 years and it sat for 2 and he'd start it occasionally for the batteries sake..he said itll probably need a tune up ...so..im wanting to know is it the transmission fluid contaminated..coolant.. exhaust manifold ..sum kind of sensor or thermostat..so am i looking at a complete overhaul or??..im stumped at this point if anyone has a clue where to began..please let me know..as i would like to get started this weekend thanks :D

kc

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
yup we need codes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
13 and 37

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
code  13 pertains to the MAP... 

code  37 is a part throttle solinoid on auto trans trucks only. 

with the engine running,,  dis con the vac line to the MAP.  whats it do ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry took so long my stupid computer bugged out...but i noticed my coolant reservoir was EMPTY :-[
so i put some peak in it and  let it run and in neutral..and this morning i checked it all the coolant was gone..so i started it up..no 'check engine light'  8) ;D i continued to let it run and added some more coolant to the reservoir a bit above minimum and let it run..i no long smell that bad smell and still no 'check engine light'  :) ..but i did notice on the the middle bolt on the valve cover on the driver side has a lil oil coming out  :-\  ...i just got an oil change and could it be that what they used isnt thick enough?  ..i dont know.... thanks for the help its greatly appreciated ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts