Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 88 Running 2WD RamCharger and am getting ready to start rebuilding it. I am planning on having my mechanic go through it and tell me what all he finds that needs to be done in an order that will allow me to reinspect it when the inspection expires. The biggest problem that I have to solve first is the lack of brake lights. The bulbs are all good. Fuse checks out fine and has power going through it. Parking lights all work (I am using those right now for brake lights. :) ). Where do I need to start to get the brake lights working so I can avoid getting pulled over while driving between my house and my mechanic's shop?
Zo

5,422 Posts
Check the hazard warning switch to make sure it's not stuck between on and off...push it in and out a few times. If the problem is not a bad brakelight switch than you may have a bad turn signal switch.

G

·
Turn signal switch. But before you pull off the steering wheel to replace it, plug the new switch in at the harness just to make sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.