Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this truck caught my eye at 800. I was thinking of a little crawler/trail machine. With the power it has, would it be feasible to put a lift on it (maybe 3-4in) with some larger tires. What are the limitations based on what it is-if any. I don't want another big project...just a lift and bigger tires then drive and have fun. Would it serve me well based on what it is? underpowered?
Wait...is this the mitsubishi stuff?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I'd be much better off with a little dak instead of this. I really need a crew cab not a project but I just don't see many of these..maybe for good reason. I wouldn't have paid more than 500 for it.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
The D50 is a rebadged Mitsubishi.  The 2.6L is an ok engine, but has timing chain issues at high mileage.  Otherwise they are a decent little parts getter.  A friend of mine had one he lifted back in the '90s and it was pretty gutless.  A Dakota would not be much better considering the extreme cost of the lifts, when available and the oddball 6 lug pattern that is only shared with the Viper, so rims are hard to find.  If I were to build a trail rig out of either, SAS would be the only way to go with them.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
Nah, that's a 4WD.  The 2WD versions sit on the ground.  We had one as a shop truck at the dealership for years. 

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. It looks to be in great shape from the one pic that was given. Yep...that would be a decent little run around truck and have fun with it as it is.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Was there a diesel option for the Ram 50 back in the day?

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
Yeah, I think the 1st gen versions had a 2.3L but I've never seen one.

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had a body lift on one years ago. Replaced the engine at one point, timing chain I think. Also replaced the clutch at least once. It's not made for big tires. Fun truck though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.