Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '88 D150 and I have already changed the coil springs in the front. Problem is.... it STILL leans on the drivers side by about 1-1/2 inches. I've even swapped the rear leaf springs, but it didn't help at all. I read somewhere that there was a fix issued by Chrysler that installed a rubber spacer that was installed above the coil spring on the left side, but I don't have the part number. If I remember correctly, it was for the 4x4's only, but mine is a 2wd. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You must be thinking about the 94+ rams because the 93- rams don't use coil springs on the 4x4's. You might just have to find some junkyard springs and mix and match until you find the right one that doesn't sag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not about to go out digging through boneyards for coil springs. Almost every 80's Dodge Ram out there leans on the left. There HAS to be a way to fix it. I found out that Chrysler didn't use biased springs on the front LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE. So it leans. If there were any different springs offerred, I would have gone that route. The only thing available was the stockers, at least from the local parts house.

·
Registered
29,686 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts