Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember the old LA 318 and 360's used a hollow bolt in the shaft bolts (??), to allow for the oil to feed the rocker shaft. It was the second journal on the right bank from the front and the second bolt from the rear on the left bank, (if I remember right). The new crate motor, (90 360LA), has an elongated hole in each of these same two positions but no hollow bolts. Also, do these motors rely on any oiling (at all), from the lifters, via hollow pushrods? The reason why I ask is that the motor was delivered with solid pushrods. It's too cold to go outside and pull a valve cover on the 90 318 roller motor that's in my truck currently to see, or compare. Can anyone help me with this one?? The Factory Service Manual doesn't talk about any of this, and I've read it from cover to cover 3 times now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave ???

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The only motor that went to that junk was the mag motors, your motor oils thru the head it comes up from the block into the head thru the pedestal and into the rocker shafts, now if you screw with the rocker shafts and put them on wrong then you will cut the oil off to the rockers

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't think so, all of the la motors I've torn into had solid bolts. if you don't have magnum heads, you don't need lifters that oil up to the pushrods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.