This was way more work than I expected!
When I pulled the air pump I had to weld up the holes left in the exaust manifolds. When I pulled the A/C I had to relocate the alternater(with help from JC Whitney). The fins on the aluminum valve covers had to be ground down to fit under the power brake booster. I also welded a 1.5 inch riser onto the throttle bracket.
NOW for the good stuff!!!!!!
I had to put the Truck Avenger on a 1 inch 4 hole spacer to clear some junk hanging up on the MoPar Performance manifold.
It started up after a little cranking(it was dry), and ran smooth. I didn't have to do any thing to the carb yet , but the timing is another story!
The 318 likes at least 8 degrees of advance at an idle and less than 50 degrees at speed. So I had to adjust the MP ignition for more vacume advance and less mechanical advance to stop any pre-ignition.
All together and running the Truck Avenger with the MoPar Performance manifold runs really good. I can jab the throttle to the floor and it will go with a lot more low end than ever before. I can also jab that throttle (to the floor), and let off , and it won't die!
I hope it sounds like I like what I did. It did wake up that 318!!
By the way - I took it out to the MotorCycle clubgrounds last week to try some hills. The bad news is that we are hosting a Hill Climb Sunday(6/1/03) and I couldn't play!!!!