Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive lurked on this site for years with not ever posting my stuff.

started out as a passed around turd that was hacked. Bought it in January of 2015.. from then til now, ive replaced everything but the cab, frame, steering column and seat. im on rebuild #4 because I keep changing my mind but this time im going all out.

ive swapped out the harness for a 10127 painless setup along with relay setups for the fuel pump, water pump, fan. I swapped in a few different magnum motors. has a fuel cell and battery in the bed. made a gauge panel to fit autometer gauges in the factory black dash. trucks currently on 8'' skyjacker lift and a 3'' body lift. but that's going to change. machine a bronze bushing to replace the bearing I couldn't find at the end of the steering shaft.

this time the rebuild will be a little more lengthy and probably very different from the rest. i clamped some walker evans prerunner fenders on for now to get an idea what room i have for tire size as i currently have baby tires on it but run 40x15-15 m/t's. im ditching the bed for just the glass bed sides also. i have 4 overtime cnc nitrogen shocks coming and ill be 4 linking both ends of the truck. i also have a blown 440 going in.

ill post as i go, starting with sand blasting the frame and boxing it in with jungles engine compartment and crossover steering kit. i already started making a few pieces to do the cab back.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shocks showed up this week. thanks to ups for blowing a hole In the side of the box. lost two bump stop retainers. those should be here next week. 20" of travel, 1.5" diameter shaft and over 4 feet long when extended.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
little update

went down to ohio a few weeks ago and picked up a long block.

440 based 493 stroker. all forged. also picked up a bcr aluminum main cap/girdle kit.

my 871 will go nice with this setup since it was originally built for boost. should see around 800hp

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That looks like it'll be fun to play with! {cool}

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 5/11/20

Picked up a fiberglass birdbath hood out of new jersey before this virus got out of hand. Ditched the scoop, wont have to worry about cutting up a new hood now once the body lift is out.

Also picked up an enderle bug catcher and kinsler belt driven pump. Plans are to run it on alcohol, most likely m5 from vp.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update 10/2/2020

Picked up some F106 axle housings that were used under a monster truck. Champagnes are clark 20 ton, so needless to say ill be running planetaries.

Also sold my 20" travel shocks for a brand new set of updated 26" travel that are powder coated gun metal grey and have the updated end caps.

Found a mag for sale, so i ditched the msd. Less wires, no coil and ignition box needed now to keep things simple and clean,

Lastly, a rough drawing on cad for the tube chassis. Decided on mid engine placment (rear), center seat, 2'x.120" wall DOM.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll have an original cab cut up (don’t worry floor was rotted), doors and wiper cowl. The rest will be fiberglass. I’ll be using my ‘77 grille. Other wise for the truck itself, no.

It’s taking longer than I’d like. Been searching for houses and trying to be careful on what I spend right now.

I’ll update more when I make more progress.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8/7/21 update

finally found a house and should be closing at the end of the month.

I also picked up another ‘78 w150 out of Nevada to make a nice lifted street truck using jungles hanger kit front and rear, a mild small block for now, Dana 60s and a 205. Also snagged another ‘87 w150 that has a 400 in it, d44 8 lug front, Dana 60 rear, 4” of lift on 35s to use as a winter beater since it’s nothing great.

will be posting video on YouTube of everything when Im settled in the house. I’ll post links here and anyone that’s interested can check it out.

the mega truck is still happening. Still working on a tube chassis which I will hopefully be purchasing the tubing all precut and notched in the coming months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had 440 source on that 493 but I sold the engine to go with something else. All aftermarket to handle the 1400hp I want.

the 400 blower motor going in my ‘78 will hav the bulldog racing heads.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,139 Posts
Wow, that's a serious machine. I love the huffer on top! Cool rig man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts